Saturday, December 5, 2009

Do you think Mary Kay Beauty Consultants are kind of freaky?

Just curious? I was a consultant who could not sell this stuff for the life of me. There was so much pressure to sell.





Also most of the MK ladies were born again chrisitians... just concidental I am sure.. but odd I thought.Do you think Mary Kay Beauty Consultants are kind of freaky?
not coincidental at all. MK is also super christian. I had some girl at work send me a forward from MK headquarters on mothers day about how god sent an angel down from heaven and his 'guide' was his mom. touching....ugh. Frankly, I have talked with many mk consultants and they all talk about god's work in their lives all the time. scary. The last one I met refused to step foot in Louisianna b/c of new orleans and all of the 'witchcraft' that takes place there. Literally, she is driving to Texas from the south east US for some big MK convention and will not travel through Louisianna.Do you think Mary Kay Beauty Consultants are kind of freaky?
Yeah, really pushy.


There was a lady from MK, trying to sell around our campus. That was really hardcore.


I told her, that I dont really need any cosmetic products right now, the answer was amazing: ';So, you dont like the quality then? (smile) OK, !';
Lol, love this question. I've been to one MK event, because my friend made me, and I will never do it again! Pushy little old ladies who kept touching my belly (I was prego, but it was exessive). Nice ladies, just very...colorful!
Yes, MK consultants are freaky. They wear bad shades of makeup and then tell you that you fab in that blue an pink eyeshadow combination!
Yes everybody is a freak - except you.
The few I've known have been pretty normal. But they were people I already knew.
I signed up about 2 months ago. As a new consultant who's tried direct selling, I love how low-pressure their approach is. I'm not out to ';convert'; people, I'm just finding the people who are interested in finding ways to make themselves look better on a daily basis.





You felt pressured to sell? Selling is just one part of what being a consultant is about, but it is the main criteria for success. They give you incentives and encouragement to do your best, but you have to define your own measures of success and have your own mind.





My director and national director live lives of abundance. They encourage me to only stock the level of inventory that I'm comfortable that I can sell. In fact, 2 months in, I wish I would have bought more at the begining. I just placed an order for 2/3 of my original order. The mindset of abundance is in direct opposition to how a lot of fundamentalist christians feel, i.e. only a few will be saved, you must deny yourself comforts, etc. They live in a mindset of scarcity. So in their mind, they think that you stocking here and now and big is the only way for them to become successful. The last thing my management wants for me is to buy a lot of inventory, get over whelmed, quit, and send all of it back to the company. They realize that that doesn't make them successful. What makes them successful is being good coaches so that I am am able to write stuff like this honestly from my heart.





Believing in yourself an maintaining a positive outlook does not make you a freak, it means you're enlightened. When people get it wrong, yeah, they can be kinda freaky. It because they're acting inauthentically, differently from how they truely feel. It's that conflict that makes them freakish.
As a Mary Kay consultant I am offended. I don't consider myself freaky I do think anyone that stereo types people is a little odd. Why judge people as a group that thought is not something I comprehend.


Sorry to hear you had an experience that was not positive I never feel pressure to sell and hate hearing that some people do. I love the product and find it very easy to sell. As women we share what we love just like a great book or great new restaurant I tell people about the products I use and help them find the ones that work for them. I build relationships with my customers providing them a service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin