Saturday, December 5, 2009

Mary Kay Beauty Consultant Question?

I just signed up to sell Mary Kay.I only bought the $100.00 Starter Kit, however, I am a little concerned about how I can sell to clients without having inventory. I decided that I will not carry inventory because I do not want to be stuck with a whole bunch of products that I will never sell.I had to practically convince my husband to let me do this again, and I say again because I used to sell Avon several years ago and skrewed up pretty darn bad, I still owe Avon because I would buy stuff for myself and stuff that I would think was a one time offer and there I was stuck with it!I am now trying to sell Mary Kay because I use the product, and I love it, and I also work with an interior decorator that sells Mary Kay, she signed me up by the way. And no, she did not have to keep insisting on trying to get me to sell because she is a really wonderful person and friend of mind, she knew that whenever I would be ready I would let her know. So, what I am wanting to see is if I can get some.Mary Kay Beauty Consultant Question?
I just started Mary Kay in November. I haven't done much with it because I recently went thru a marriage separation and move (last 2 months) but I'm going to try and do 30 faces in March.





I would suggest that you do carry a small inventory of the most popular items, i.e. Miracle Sets, a few lip glosses.... women are impulse buyers so if you have the products there for them to take home they are less likely to call you up the next day and say ';I really can't afford this I want to cancel the order';.





My opening inventory was the $600 package so that I could get my free Color 101 set.





Don't buy anything that's ';Limited Edition'; or the complete Color 101 sets or anything you might not be able to unload.





Hope this helps!Mary Kay Beauty Consultant Question?
http://www.pinktruth.com Report Abuse

Congrats on starting your MK business!!! First off your MK business is what you make it to be!!! If you want to make money gurl you gotta work. With that being said...I will say inventory is good but NOT necessary and I applaud your friend for not pressuring you. I did not have inventory when I started either. My best advice would be to start with your friends and family to get sales. When they pay you, order your product. If you want I'd advise you to invest some of what is left into product or keep as profit. Just as long as you take care of your customers. Ask your director about helping you with a business debut and as far as financials so your can have a profit and product to sell ask her to explain the 60/40 split. I know it sounds all confusing but talk to your director about it, she'll become a best friend..Hand out your business card everywhere you go. Dont make your business your life but work it into your life. Like when you go out to eat, leave a sample and/or business card with your tip with a friendly note on it...Mail your business card off with bills when you send them in. Use a Mary Kay sticker on your car and wear your pin everywhere you go!!! If your director is like mine, she is AWESOME and will be able to assist your more. I know you'll do great!!! Good luck and if you need anything email me at titandiva9@yahoo.com !!


Leslie D.
I sell Arbonne, and I carry no inventory (aside from the products I use myself)





I set up an online website where people can buy from me whenever they want. You can take order forms to meetings and parties, or set up a laptop and order on the spot. You don't need to carry inventory, and I think everyone would be OK with that. I don't know how quick Mary Kay is, but Arbonne products ship quickly, so people aren't waiting around.
Hi, I started my Mary Kay business almost three years ago. I thought it was only for personal use so i did not have inventory at the time. I would be happy to share ideas and info with you.


email me sdoshi@marykay.com
It's hard to do if you don't have some inventory- especially on the basics. Your friend should be able to tell you the basic stuff you absolutely need- like timewise etc. I wouldn't buy the promo stuff at first- I have a lot of that left because you never know. But relatives may be willing to pay for product and not recieve it for a week but a lot of others won't.
  • computer security
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    sensitive skin