Saturday, December 5, 2009

Do you think that Mary Kay cosmetic beauty consultants are NOTHING short of a cult?

LOL.. I know that does sound rude. I was wondering what everyone thinks of this organization? I was a consultant, loved the products but felt really funny pushing products that were in my eyes really over priced. I felt very pressured by the gal that recruited me, and almost felt like the products are so easily available on lets say ebay for a discount.. to have someone buy your stuff at double the price is just looney.Do you think that Mary Kay cosmetic beauty consultants are NOTHING short of a cult?
i hate mary kay, avon is so much betterDo you think that Mary Kay cosmetic beauty consultants are NOTHING short of a cult?
Selling for any direct selling company is not always for everyone. It is work and takes a belief and dedication to that product or service. If you did not really believe it, that may be why you felt a little odd.





Direct selling is not a bad thing, but some people working in direct sales don't have the best skills or ethics.





Many of the companies offer great products, but it is a matter of opinion as to which you will like best. Just like the Wal Mart aisles, many products lines a successful because we all like different things.





I think the bigger picture behind direct sales like mary kay, arbonne, or avon is that these companies give anyone with any background the opportunity to make a little or a lot of extra money, just by switching who they purchase from. Rather than buying shampoo from Wal Mart the direct sales person purchases from their company and they teach others to do the same. Then the direct sales company gives them a commission based on their team sales. Goal is to build the Business big enough to make more in commission than the extra money spent on the shampoo.





Not for everyone, but for those that like the work and the fun atmosphere it can be a good thing.
It'a a valid question. First of all if you felt you were pushing products then you weren't trained correctly. As for price have you seen what MAC and other high end companies are charging for their eyeshadows. But guess what, ladies are still buying it because of the name. Additionally maybe you felt the pressure because you already felt a bit negative of the product and therefore felt that she was pushing you. As for products being placed on ebay those are usually outdated and I would be very apprehensive to put anything expired on my face and btw ebay doesn't give you personalized attention a Consultant does and they're willing to take back the merchandise because it's backed by a 100% guarantee. I don't believe MAC has that! GOOD LUCK
Its just like anything else.


Mary Kay


PartyLIte


Pampered Chef


Jafra


Royal Prestige


they all make you think their products are better than any others and want you to convince people to buy them sometimes using illegal tactics. Royal Prestige got sued for making customers think their pots and pans they use now will kill them.


It would be a cult if they forced everyone to wear Snuggies during the parties lol


All this stuff is overpriced because the company needs to make money and the consultants make money.


The company is getting other people to do thier bidding and making people host parties and become sellers themselves.


I guess you can say its ';cult-like';


Some products are good some you can get just as good in the store for a lot less.
yes the items are way overpriced and i never felt that they were oh so life changing like the consultants tell you, but the only reason they pressure you is because they get rewards and who doesn't like getting rewards. Mary Kay is a brand that's why they are more expensive than other products sold at drug stores, it's just like if you buy a Prada bag you pay more for the designer name than for the actual bag.
I wouldn't think of them as a cult. I used to use thier products but got to be too expensive and I was going through a divorce at the time so I stopped. I think the products worked tho but I just had to cut back on expenses and that was one of the first ones to go and years later I haven't gone back to them because I find the price is still quite high.
I think you should Love and believe in whatever you sell . I used the product for over 6 years and I use nothing else I have been selling it for over 4 I love what I do and my customers love the service I provide so it is all in the eye of the beholder.
LMAO. I never thought of it that way but yeah, some of them seem that way. But in their defense they are just trying to make a living and have not learned the real art of sales.
Ha! My aunt used to sell Mary Kay. Anyway, I like some of their products, most women who are selling try too to sell as much as they can because the top sellers get bonus rewards wih things such as really nice cars.
Any sales person is pushy. Thats how they get people to buy stuff. Its a strategy. Go to a car dealership. They are much much worse.
All sales people are pushy. Go into any high end store and one of the sales representatives will latch on to you like a leach.
Nope. Mary-Kay fan here. I think you get what you pay for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin