Saturday, December 5, 2009

Should I become a Mary Kay beauty consultant?

For the first time, and because of some changing situations in my life I'm forced to do something different.


My field is music, but my schedule and my son are totally incompatible.


I've never done anything else in my entire life and now my best friend told me she is being very succesful in her new business in Mary Kay, she says she can totally handle her baby, her husband and MK, and that she makes really good money.


She's not trying to sell anything to me cause she's in a different country.


I need to know if this could really be a good oportunity for me to start in a new business, practically in a new life.


I'm seriously considering it, although I feel terrified, but I don't know if it's because It's gonna be a totally new thing for me or because I don't know if that business really works.


I'm totally confused!


I'd like some honest opinions based on personal experiences good or bad cause I'm just about to take a big step in my life and I need to be sure!


Thanks for your help!Should I become a Mary Kay beauty consultant?
I personally love the Mary Kay products. I used MK for 10 years before I decided I wanted to sell it. It took me a little while to make my mind up but once I did, there's no turning back now because I love it!





When I learned the money you can make in Mary Kay, I thought to myself ';I can do what my consultant does if not better!'; She makes great money and I thought, ';If she can do it, I can do it!';





You do not have to be a people person to get started! I most definitely was not! My self confidence was ground level but you know, with all the support, love, and training you get at your weekly meetings from fellow sister consultants, my confidence has soared through the roof!





Before when I was in a crowd of people, I was looking for a way out to basically hide. Now, you will find me in the middle of the crowd striking conversations with people I don't even know! Best part, I don't have to talk to them about Mary Kay, I talk to them because I have the confidence to know that I can talk to a stranger...and I don't even sound stupid like I used to think!





My advice is to try Mary Kay products or other brands, to get a feel if you like it or not. Ask a MK consultant if you can try the skin care line (cleanser, moisturizer, day %26amp; night solution, and foundation) for 2 weeks. If you see for yourself or don't receive compliments about your beauty, then try something else. I always follow up with my customers 2-weeks after using the products because I want to see with my eyes if it's working for them.





Put God as your pilot and in Him, you will do great things! Remember, you will flourish at anything you put your hands to. You are the King's kid, you can do anything through Him!





If you wish, I can share more info with you if you desire. You can contact me through my website.Should I become a Mary Kay beauty consultant?
I would choose a new company to go with. I looked at Mary kay and choose Purse Party instead. I have been doing it less than a year and already have 26 on my team!!!
I signed up to be a MK consultant twice. The first time I did ok but family circumstances kept me from continuing to do it. The second time (less than a year ago) I signed up but didnt do anything with it because I realized I'm not the right type of person to sell anything. I have a tendency to forget that I just don't like to do that stuff. But I can say this. The product does sell its self. I never really had to do much the first time I did it except go through the short little presentation and people would still buy stuff. My aunt does it and makes really good money, and even drives a MK grand prix i believe it is. Her director is on her like 10th MK car and has been doing the business for over 15 years and she does it full time and is fixing to put her 3rd child through college just with selling MK. The key is to try to recruit, though not absolutely necessary because if a person loves the product enough sometimes they will ask you about signing up to be a consultant. But my aunts director lives in a very small town, less than 10K people and she does that well. So yes, MK can be a very good business, just make sure that it is something that you will enjoy doing. It can be a lot of fun, but make sure you follow the plan, even if it is your own plan, and stick to it. You'll love it and always go to as many meetings as you can. Other consultants have awesome ideas that can help. Good luck hun, hope you enjoy it, I did even though it wasn't my thing...lol.
check out www.pinktruth.com, before making a decision.
I know so many people with tons of unsold Mary Kay stuff in their basements. If I were you I would start slow. Do not buy everything that is presented to you. Go to the meetings they do help. Just know this is your business %26amp; not to get too involved with the hype.


My Mom took me to one where everybody was holding hands %26amp; stuff it was just too weird for me. That was 15 years ago.


Just do as much as you are comfortable with %26amp; don't get sucked into the MK frenzy...
speaking from my personal experience, i would say give it a lot of thought before taking the plunge. ask yourself: am i outgoing? can i easily approach someone? do i have trouble speaking to people and at times being a little pushy to make a sale? and do i have the time???





i became a beauty consultant for MK about 3 or 4 years ago. i was really motivated and honestly just looking for a way to make a little more money (while working a full time job and trying to finish college). i realized that although it was REALLY fun, and i met some great ladies, i did not have the time to devote to being a good sales person. there are many ladies who make a lot of money. the product basically sells itself, but you do have to have the time and organizational skills to let people know you're out there and follow up. good luck on your decision.
Well, You have to have people skills.. You should make good money and be good, Just depends on you. You have to drive around to peoples houses drop them off make up and everything.


Know the products whats best, learn the make up and stuff, how to apply. Be friends.
first i dont like MK products and I dont like home show type things


but some women do make money doing it but you do have to be pushy and a sales person


liking people and being able to talk to strangers is a must


can you tell white lies cause there is alot of that


i didnt even know people bought MK products


Avon seems to be big where i live but I know nothing about them either


how about pampered chef? i went to a home demostration and it was not so horrible and every one bought some thing and its way over priced.


good luck
Change is scary the question I would ask is why are you considering MK. Do you use the product. For me it starts with product believe as well as belief in the company. I found so much more with Mary Kay then selling make-up it is about making people feel good and providing a service to my customers. I have fun and make money while I am able to work alongside my children. I work when I want and how much I want. It starts with a decision get all the facts then decide you are going to make it work know it is work you need to treat it like a business even if you are working 5 hours a week you need to be consistent and purpose full in everything you do. Mary Kay is a great company that gives millions back to the community through the Mary Kay Ash Foundation. Mary Kay's business plan is taught at Harvard University she was every well respected business woman.


What matters most to me is the companies belief in Faith firsts then family then career use the tools provided in the stater kit read all the information listen to your director ( within reason) and you can be successful.


I see comments about pink truths I read it and never experienced anything said there I would say base you decision on fact not someone else's experience. Everyone has had a bad experience with a job at some time or another does that mean no one can be successful that works there not usually think about it.
if your a good sales person. i like mary kay products but it is so exspensive.good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin